Being prequalified is important -- BEFORE YOU SHOP. Prequalification accomplishes four important tasks:
1) Establishes your financial profile: “qualifiable income,” “monthly reoccurring debt,” and “allowable cash-to-close,” -- the way the lender interprets it.
2) Calculates your maximum sales price, based upon your financial profile, and/or matches your profile to a specific house to prove qualification capability.
3) Displays the proposed payment and all the likely costs involved in the purchase transaction under various loan programs and scenarios.
4) Accesses your credit report and analyzes your credit history & score to ensure lender qualification standards are met. See Credit Report Information.
This prequalification process produces the following benefits:
1) You will learn which mortgage program and scenarios are best for you, at your level of risk, within your budget.
2) You won’t waste time looking at houses you can’t afford.
3) And most importantly, it gives you, and your prospective real estate agent and Seller the confidence to consummate the offer you ultimately put forth. In other words, the prequalification and/or preapproval demonstrates your level of intent and strengthens your capability to the Seller.
We hope you consider Professional Mortgage Consultants (PMC) for your mortgage needs. PMC provides free prequalification and/or preapproval, without cost or obligation. PMC is proud of its 100% approval rate, 100% previous customer referral rate, and servicing over a 1,000 clients over 29 years. See Reviews.
Click here for your free prequalification report.